Friday, October 24

Inspiration

Writer's block? Psh. I have braindead...ness. *wiggles eyebrows*
I always take things one step further, don't I?
Inspiration, for me, comes in many, many, many forms, everything from television, magazines, newspapers and songs. An old lady on the street could inspire me, but for once in my life, I am stumped.
I have a great idea (if I do say so myself) for my NaNoWriMo story, but my problem is how to get the protagonist to meet her "love interest". He's perverted, sarky, bossy, demented and so out of this world, literally. I don't want to say too much, as this will be posted on Fiction Press, but I can't think of a dramatic meeting for them. I'm tempted to do a bus scene, having the protagonist on a last-of-the-night ride, scared out of her wits and fearing every male being to be a rapist. Enter "love interest". It's different, I guess, and makes the protagonist fear him straight off, which I want, but it's not quite there yet. Who knows? I have a week before my fingers need to start typing.

Anyway, I've been listening to my writing songs for inspiration, and I wanted to know what type of songs get your clogs whirring? For me personally, it's the cheesy love songs from the 70s, 80s and 90s. But recently, Billy Joel seems to be my inspiration, especially his song "For The Longest Time". Have a listen, it's a great song!



Much love.

No comments: